The workflow for this reporting system is:
- Python scripts are set to each state’s Eventor org number (i.e. ‘8’ for Tassie). These scripts are saved onto this OA reporting website server which is hosting Joomla. On the server, synchronisation (‘cron’) jobs are setup to run the Python scripts.
- For the personal and membership data, the scripts are run once an hour on the hour. For results and statistical reports, the scripts are run once a day for the current year. For past years, a one-off run is required as this data should not change.
- For personal and membership data, the scripts extract the club names and membership types of all clubs for the designated state for the number of years specified in the script. Each script talks to the Eventor API (Application Program Interface) which extracts the data as an xml data file. The scripts then analyse the xml data file and create a number of csv files that are saved securly on the website server..
- The Tabulizer plugin is used to create rulesets to define which columns will be filtered or sorted and other features required to be displayed. For statistical reports,Tabulizer is used to specify the data series to be graphed and define headings etc.
- On this OA reporting website, a reports menu has been setup that is only available to logged in users that have permission to these reports. Each report menu item points to an article that will display the reports as a table and/or graph.
- An accredited user logs into the website and selects a report from the reports menu. They can sort it, filter it, narrow it down by searching if required and then press download or email to obtain a csv or Excel file of the data they have selected.